Employment Immigration

Seattle Work Visa and Green Card Attorney

Most work visas granted in the United States are sponsored by employers. The first step in the work visa process is labor certification. It is always done by the employer. Eventually, it can lead to a green card.

Professional, efficient, first-class service. Call 206-233-1910 or e-mail us.

At the law firm of Bart Stroupe PLLC in Seattle, we have more than two decades of experience with immigration and business law.


Labor Certification, Employment Visa

We understand how the work visa system operates. To our clients' benefit, this means we know how to get the job done.

  • We set clear expectations and directions.
  • We know what does and does not work.
  • We keep our clients promptly and continuously informed so they can decide whether or how to go forward.
  • We help our clients to determine how much time it will take, how much money it will cost, and what the risks are.

The risk to a company involved in labor certification is that it may invest a significant amount of money in the process and then not be able to hire the worker.

The risk to the individual who wants to stay in the United States on a work visa is that he or she may invest 1-2 years of time-along with hopes and dreams of getting certification status-and the application is denied.

I see my job as helping people to ask themselves the right questions so they understand what kind of journey they are going to be taking and whether they are up to it.
- Bart Stroupe

At the law firm of Bart Stroupe PLLC, we understand the risks and how to manage them.

In addition to assisting employers and workers with labor certification, we routinely provide legal advice and support across a broad spectrum of immigration visa and related matters, including:

  • Green Cards
  • E visas
  • O visas
  • L visas
  • H visas
  • J visas
  • R visas
  • Family-based visas
  • Fiancé visas
  • Canadian and Mexican NAFTA workers
  • Citizenship
  • Naturalization
  • Waivers of inadmissibility, as necessary.

Many types of workers and professionals may be eligible to immigrate to the U.S.:

  • Highly educated and skilled workers
  • Researchers and scholars
  • Multi-national transferees
  • Investors
  • Persons with exceptional, extraordinary or culturally unique talents in the sciences, arts, business, entertainment and sports
  • Persons in shortage occupations
  • Extraordinary artists, athletes, scientists, businesspeople, and educators
  • Outstanding scholars and researchers
  • Professionals and highly skilled individuals, including those whose work is in the national interest
  • Treaty investors and traders
  • Executives and managers, workers with unique or specialized skills in multinational corporations
  • Experienced workers for shortage occupations
  • Tourists and business visitors
  • Students, scholars, and exchange program participants, trainees
  • Diplomats and foreign government staff
  • Foreign correspondents
  • Religious personnel
  • "Special" immigrants

Family members and others may also be eligible:

  • Fiancés, spouses, parents, children, and siblings of U.S. citizens and permanent residents
  • International adoptions
  • Cultural exchange visitors
  • Victims of domestic violence and human trafficking
  • Diversity lottery
  • Miscellaneous programs: TPS, Family Unity, etc.

At the law office of Bart Stroupe PLLC, we offer service that is professional, efficient, and consistent.

Contact Us

If you or a family member needs help from an experienced family immigration lawyer, please call or e-mail today and tell us about your situation.


Bart Stroupe PLLC
Mailing address:
470 Boston Street
Seattle WA 98109-2129

206-233-1910 phone
206-629-9435 fax
Email us

Our Seattle, Washington, immigration lawyer serves clients in the Tri-Cities, King County, Northern Washington, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood, Shoreline, West Seattle, Renton, Kent, Federal Way, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, Silverdale, Snohomish County, Pierce County Spokane, Walla Walla, and Leavenworth, and from British Columbia and Vancouver, Canada.